Insights .Engineering & Industrial
15 Essential Metrics And KPIs Guide for Packaging Manufacturers
By Packaging 360 . 25 Aug, 2020
By Packaging 360 . 25 Aug, 2020
Analyzing data within the packaging sector does not have to be rocket science. If you work with the correct production metrics and KPIs, it can be pretty easy to understand what is failing and what can be improved at your factory.To help you get that, PackIOT and Packaging 360 have developed a Free Guide to help you understand which are the most appropriate metrics to use in your factory.
Every day, plant managers and executives are constantly receiving tons of information about the production of their factories, making it difficult to analyze everything and decide which metrics are the ones that make more sense to be used in their business. Manufacturing metrics and KPIs help you, monitor, analyze, and consequently, optimize your production processes, contributing to an improvement of the quality and quantity of the produced goods. They provide valuable insights that will help you meet your goals.
To know which ones are the most useful for your enterprise, take a look at the fifteen metrics we selected.
This blog post is part of an Online Free Guide, with more details about all those KPIs. Download now for free.
01. Throughput: This metric is the rate of how many units are produced on average, by a machine, cell or line over a certain period.
02. Manufacturing Cycle Time: Also known as throughput time, this metric consists of the length of time from the start of the production to the delivery of the final product.
03. Machine Setup Time (Changeover): Time spent on setting up a machine or a production line, with the specifications of the new product that will start being produced, when this one is distinct.
04. Capacity Utilization: KPI which indicates the amount of available capacity that is being used to supply current demand.
05. Overall Equipment Effectiveness: We can consider this metric as the rate of how many units on average a machine, cell or line is producing over a certain period of time.
06. Total Manufacturing Cost Per Unit Excluding Materials: A measure of all potentially controllable manufacturing costs that go into the production of a given manufactured unit, item or volume.
07. Downtime vs. Operating Time: Downtime corresponds to the period of time when no value is being created, whereas operating time is the period of time where the machines are running.
08. Unscheduled Downtime: Unplanned machine stops while a production order is running.
09. Inventory Turnover: The calculation of the number of times a company sells its goods.
10. Scrap Rate: The percentage of components made with deformities which cannot be used and are thrown away.
11. On-time Delivery: It is a metric used to inform if your products are being handed over to the client on time.
12. Planned and Unplanned Maintenance Time: Predicted and unpredicted times a machine stops.
13. First Pass Yield: Measures quality and production performance.
14. Failed Audits: Evaluates if the final product is ready or not to be delivered to the customers.
15. Employee Turnover: Measures the number of employees that leave an organization.
Even though not all the metrics stated above might make sense to implement in your factory, you should decide what you want to trigger and analyze to boost your efficiency and productivity.
Get your Free Guide Here ! Start working on a better future for your company right now!
24 Sep, 2020 - FMCG
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, Brilliant Polymers expects to grow at over 15% in the current financial year (April 2020 to March 2021). In this update we are sharing our views and experience with r...Read More >>
09 Sep, 2020 - Pharmaceutical
Stay well Stay Safe is the new wish on the social platform which has taken precedence over the earlier one – Take care and Khuda Hafiz. In this age of continuous combat between man at one end with ...Read More >>
01 Sep, 2020 - FMCG
The Indian packaging industry has gained in stature and has kept pace with the evolving needs of the brand owners. Over 50 urban agglomerations and thousands of Tier II/ III towns across the countr...Read More >>
26 Aug, 2020 - Food & Beverage
The coronavirus crisis has brought about unprecedented transformations at a global scale, and the packaging industry has been no exception. While the consequences of COVID-19 have not been as n...Read More >>