Sameer Joshi holds a degree in Polymer engineering, along with holding a Ph.D. in Waste Management. He has been working in plastics waste management and has been supporting young entrepreneurs who are dedicated to reducing plastic pollution. He has his own plastic moulding unit in Pune.
He is a Fellow of the Indian Plastics Institute and of Indian Institute of Valuers, Member Institution of Engineers India, and Senior Member Society of Plastic Engineers USA.
He holds expertise in Circular Economy, Recycling, EPR & Plastics.
He is Head of Plastics Committee MRAI, Hon. Secretary Governing Council of Indian Plastics Institute and also an approved Valuer for Plant and Machinery.
Along with multiple feats, he also holds a Guinness World Book Record Holder for the world’s largest T-shirt from plastic waste in 2018.
- Member Advisory Committee CIPET- Dept. of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Government of India
- Member CSR Committee Assocham India
- Member Industry academia Committee Amity University
- Mentor International Council on Circular Economy
- Signatory to Global Commitment to End plastic waste(Ellen Mac Arthur Foundation)
- Member Global Partnership Marine Litter(UN Environment Program)
- Member Prevent Waste Alliance (Germany)
- Global Advisor MSMECCII (India)
- Member PCD 12 BUREAU OF INDIAN STANDARDS.
He has been a guide to students for their Master’s and Ph.D. degrees.He has been on several committees of national and state level for plastic waste management.
He has several publications and has a patent, has been a speaker/ moderator at national and international conferences, besides being the recipient of awards at state and national level.
THEY SAID SO…
Sameer is a good friend and a great companion always is human in heart and rich in knowledge of plastics. He is always ready to do anything good for the betterment of society.
In Short – Sameer: a lovable man for all.
-PADMA SHRI R VASUDEVANPLASTIC MAN OF INDIA
Dr. Joshi is a Hero of RECESS (Recycling, Environment, Circular Economy, Sustainability System (RECESS)
– GINU JOSEPH, FOUNDER OF MODERN PLASTICS INDIA