The need for PLA (poly-lactic acid) has grown over the years due to its eco credentials and having the ability to be recycled; recent concerns of PLA supply is now being addressed by plans to build new refineries as this materials popularity grows. The benefit of PLA is clear and is a sustainable material choice in manufacturing, Floreon’s unique technology uses PLA as it’s core and is delighted at the news of expansion in these sites.
Benefits of PLA and Floreon:
- It is bio-based and does not draw on fossil resources
- It has excellent mechanical properties and can replace many petro-plastics
- It is molecularly recyclable to infinity without altering its quality
- The only polymer whose degradation product, lactic acid, is harmless to human health
Floreon welcome’s Futerro’s announcement to build a new PLA plant in Europe
The selection of this site was guided by 6 key factors:
- The availability of a large industrial site with the possibility of expanding production capacity
- The possibility of using low-carbon energy
- The presence of agricultural raw materials
- The interest and experience of local public and private actors in supporting large-scale projects for the sustainable re-industrialisation of the region
- Access to the waterway and the multiple logistical possibilities offered by the Radicatel terminal and the port of Le Havre
- The presence of a pool of technical skills dedicated to the chemical and polymer sectors
Floreon, redefining PLA
Floreon uses PLA at the core of it’s technology, we add our unique formula to make our material suitable in durable applications and offer Floreon in different grades depending on your function. We believe that in an ideal world all plastics would be made from plants – not oil; by making this simple switch of material you would be helping to reduce carbon emissions and the catastrophic effects of climate change.
No loss of performance
Floreon’s unique bioplastic technology now makes this possible. Floreon has achieved a world first by incorporating a halogen free flame retardant bioplastic that does not compromise on performance and durability; so can be used in demanding applications such as toys, electronics and the automotive industry.
The Floreon Story
We are an award winning materials technology company at the forefront of building a sustainable future. Our vision is to replace non-renewable plastic produced from fossil fuels with a plant based, low carbon alternative.
For over 10 years we have developed Floreon and have released 3 successful material grades suitable for all applications.
Benefits of Floreon
Floreon is a plant based bioplastic (PLA), derived from crops such as corn and sugar cane, making it a renewable alternative to oil based plastic with the added features of:
- Up to 7 x LOWER C02e
- 10 x tougher & less brittle
- Recyclable & Compostable
- Switch materials with NO CHANGE in your current production methods
Ordering Floreon materials has never been easier
We have teamed up with #knowde, a material marketplace. You can now easily order samples for your project from https://www.knowde.com/stores/floreon and also download any technical data on your chosen Floreon grade.
Company Press Release